View Single Post
Old 07-26-2002, 05:43 PM   #311
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child had heard Piosenniel's equivocal answer, and it had not pleased her any more than it had Bird. She seemed to be saying a little of "yes" and a little of "no" which truthfully did not amount to any answer at all! All of this made Child suspect that the Elf had been less than truthful, and that she had, indeed, been a resident of Beleriand at some point in the First Age.

Child felt that the time had come for telling the truth, and she decided to join the conversation with Pio and Bird. She walked up to the two who were facing off as if in an arena of combat.

"Piosenniel, there was one other point I wanted to check with you on. I had never realized, of course, that there were any hobbits in the First Age. But now this appears to be the case. And from what Kali has already told us, there was more interaction between hobbits and elves in the ancient days than we had ever suspected. Can you tell us something about your own family, and how they came to find one another?"

"This is more than an idle or curious question. It may be very important in helping us piece together all the information we can get on hobbit customs so that we can find kali's people and help them. I wouldn't be asking this of you, but I know how much you love Kali, and any information you can share with us could make the difference in whether or not we are able to help him."

Piosenniel glared at Child and at Bird with a strange look upon her face.