View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 02:05 AM   #299
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio sighed in relief when the coastline came into view. So far their calculations had been correct, now all that was needed was some fine tuning along the time line. There were several ways to adjust the crystal once they knew their initial date of entry, but that would have to wait until she had gotten some sleep.

She heard Mithadan voice his question, as he looked toward Beleriand. "We're here. Now when are we?"

'We won't know exactly "when" we are until we reach our position west of the Bay of Balar, though Veritas and I believe we are somewhere in the window between the beginning of the Battle of Unnumbered Tears and the Fall of Gondolin. Once we reach the Bay, I will go ashore and pinpoint our exact time, then we can adjust the crystal as we wish.'

'A dangerous time for an elf to be in Beleriand.' remarked Mithadan, frowning at this revelation.

'Yes. It was.' sighed Pio, looking toward the now darkening shore.

She turned back toward the helm and helped Veritas reset the crystal to their previous position.

The land winked out of existence and once more the Lonely Star sailed northward through the unbroken expanse of The Sea.

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]