View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #35
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
not comparing to my old one.....

Name (that you go by):littlemanpoet, LMP, Elempi

Future Aspirations: published author

Goal in life: to be an effective vessel of the Secret Fire

Short term goals: Finish "The Incarnate Dream"

Passion: Listening to God, Friendships, writing, Barrowdowns

Hobbies: writing, Barrowdowns, traveling, playing congas

Famous for (brag about yourself): a good tenor voice, avoiding crowded rooms, being goofy

Fave book: The Lord of the Rings, hands down.

Fave movie: Dead Poets Society, Deep Impact, Sixth Sense

Fave sport: college football to watch, hiking for personal enjoyment

Fave store: the local Stamp store (you buy stamps and make your own greeting cards), where I buy gifts for my wife.

Fave music: Genesis and related for modern, Baroque and Renaissance for Classical, and lots of folk music: blue grass, Celtic, etc.

What you can't stand: Too much physical pain.

What you plain dislike: Country music. The results of other people's inconsideration of others.

Who you admire: My father for being a holy man of God with a sweet spirit and a great tenor voice . Also other Barrowdowners, such as Helen for spirituality, Celuien for sweetness of character, Feanor for writing genius, and many others.

What you most love to do: Write. Spend time at Barrowdowns. Travel. Explore new places (in books is good too, but I prefer real places).

Your self-confessed flaws: Arrogance the depths of which are not yet plumbed. Impatience. A tendency toward recklessness (read, decisive to a fault).

What intrigues/fascinates you: Um, the opposite sex (you've probably noticed from rpg's).

What scares you: Forever; in both directions.

Quotation to live by: "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the certainty of things not seen."

Value-specific:

What do you want most in a friend? Reciprocation.

What do you want most in a teacher? Clarity.

What do you want most in an ally? Dependability.

What do you want most in a team-mate? Dependability.

What do you want people to remember most about you? That I was always willing to change for the better.

Writer-specific:

Your favorite work you've written so far: The Incarnate Dream (it doesn't have to be done, does it?)

Your favorite character so far: Raefindan (Roy Edwards)

What do you plan to write soon: The Incarnate Dream (it ain't done yet)

What inspires you to write: A good idea.

What makes your writing stall: When others, well intentioned or not, try to leverage my writing toward their own agenda: discouragement.

Do you get writers' block and how do you overcome it? When I get discouraged. Encouragement, whether from within or without.

Middle-Earth specific:

Your favorite ME character(s)? (1) Frodo (2) Galadriel

What do you like about them? (1) His depth of character. His compassion. (2) Her compassion & clarity of vision

Your favorite moment(s) from the Trilogy? When Galadriel speaks love into Gimli's heart in Lorien.

Your favorite plot twist(s) from the Trilogy? The Ents defeating Saruman.

Looking at your personality as it is, what race do you belong to in Middle-Earth and why? I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but an Elf. I used to believe that anybody who claimed such a thing must be arrogant, but now I understand: there's a spiritual clarity about Elves that I didn't understand before, and I've been given the grace to get that kind of clarity.

What race would you *like* to belong to in Middle-Earth and why? Elves. Believe it or not.

What place(s) would you live in Middle Earth and why? By the Sea, in the North.

Where would you want to visit? Why? Imladris, to be where there is peace and clarity. To talk with Glorfindel and Elrond.

How would you travel? I would walk or ride horse.

Besides the usual camping & travel stuff, what single special item is in your knapsack and why? a harp, to express the music I find in my heart (sorry if this seems like romantic goop, but I'm just being honest).