View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 02:38 AM   #31
Tar-Jêx
Wight

Tar-Jêx has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
On the number of wolves - three seems a rather large number for a village of eleven. Two makes more sense to me, but it does seem a bit underpowered. Thinking about it, it seems like the fix would be to have some sort of evil-aligned role that's not a wolf, such as a Cobbler - however, as far as we know there's no Cobbler in this game.

I had a thought just now as I was typing this up - what if the lovers are Ranger/Cobbler? Story-wise it doesn't appear to make the most sense, but I'll be the first to admit I don't know the story all that well. Is Nimrodel a character that's at all likely to be Cobbler-esque? I throw out the speculation because my shining star is being so happily vague about roles this game, and having just two wolves on the evil side seems a bit weak.
So far, the facts we know about the lovers are: Amroth is also a ranger and the nature of the relationship has been accentuated to arouse suspicion surrounding their roles.

I doubt that Amroth would also be a cobbler, because 3 roles seems far too many for one person. If they were to be lynched, it would take a lot of interest out of the game in one hit. However, the text about Nimrodel seems most intriguing. I am led to believe that Nimrodel has more than one objective, similar to Amroth's dual objective. 2 wolves is too few, but 3 is too many. A cobbler would fill this mid-space quite well, and could be Nimrodel's other role.
Tar-Jêx is offline   Reply With Quote