View Single Post
Old 07-09-2002, 12:39 PM   #118
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

A small group had gathered round Rose to hear of her adventure. Veritas and Bird urged her on, wanting her to expand on every detail. They envied the sights and sounds she had gleaned that day. She was a good storyteller and kept them hanging with every tidbit she doled out.

Pio sat apart from the group, half listening to the ebb and flow of questions and story, her thinking focused on other concerns. That elf weighed heavily on her mind.

A glance to her left brought the figure of Mithadan into view. He was dressed all in black and making his way to the gangplank,as if he meant to leave the ship. He moved silently, and as he strode through the shadows of the ship's deck he seemed to disappear altogether, reappearing only briefly when he chanced to walk through a puddle of bright moonlight.

Pio rose stealthily from her place and followed him to the gangplank, reaching to touch his arm. She stepped back quickly when he turned to face her, his eyes hard.

'Before you leave, I must needs tell you something.' she said quietly to him. He nodded his grim assent.

She told him of her going up through the tiers of the city to find Rose. That as she paused to wait in the shadows of the sixth tier, she saw an elf come hurriedly through the entrance tunnel and look about him as if in pursuit of someone. And that she felt he had been following her. Her next words brought a certain chill to his features.

'I had expected him to turn round and go back through the tunnel as he did not see me,' she said, 'but instead he spoke with the sentries, who greeted him with some familiarity, and passed through to The Citadel.'

[ July 09, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]