View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 06:25 PM   #48
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sally sat motionless in her chair. You know, she thought grimly, glancing at the mushrooms strewn about the floor, that's probably not what Oddwen had in mind when she came down for a night cap.

As the others reacted to Oddwen's gruesome yet well-garnished body, Sally silently debated how to tell them about what she had discovered last night. Definitely not discovered, she corrected herself. If I say that, they'll think I know something about this.

Which she did, in a way. She was probably the last one to see their visitor alive. Minding her own business, she had been, sneaking an ale to quench her thirst before heading home for the night, when in walked Oddwen. Perhaps it was the song Sally had been singing to herself at the time, but a look of rage had appeared on Oddwen's face and she had shrieked something in a language Sally couldn't understand. Sally had tried to ask her what was wrong, but instead recited a nasty limerick (a part of the story she would certainly leave out upon retelling). She had run out of the tavern in shock, and spent most of the night tossing and turning and hopelessly singing lullabies to herself in an attempt to get some rest.

Sally sighed. The real question is whether any of them would take her matter seriously, especially with this werewolf business going on. After all, a woman had just died! How selfish for her to think of her own trivial problem when there had been a murder. Then again, if she tried to conceal it from the rest of the group, they'd be likely to think she was hiding something more sinister.

So far this morning, her will had been strong enough to mumble short sentences, but as she cleared her throat and asked for everyone's attention, she could feel something taking over her, and she simply hoped they would understand the gravity of her situation, rather than thinking her attempts were to lighten the proceedings.

Sally stood up in front of the group and, though she tried her best to speak to them normally, she began to sing.

Lazy, so lazy I'm not even rhyming
But listen, listen and see that's not true
Because this curse was placed on me by Oddwen
Now I'm resigned to sing all my thoughts in a tune

And now some of our number are werewolves?
We know how these next Days will play through
Oddwen is gone now and lying among shrooms
The wolves will be lying and we'll all be dying
So now what are we going to do?

Oddwen is gone now and lying among shrooms
The wolves will be lying and we'll all be dying
So now what are we going to do?

****By request of (and with apologies to) the moddess****
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote