View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 05:52 PM   #14
Ivriniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ivriniel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Cloud Hicklin View Post
Perhaps so, but we don't get to see it to say yea or nay; the wordless conversation in "Many Partings" occurred after the Three had become nothing more than historically valuable costume jewelry.
Osanwe, I just did a mini review of. It's relevant to the topic because Mithadan's materials look 'osanwe-ish' to some extent (only to the extent that I've supposed/have a growing sense) that Sauron used a perversion of Osanwe to inspire the 'greed-telepathy' variant of it in his domination/greed/lust-to-enslave/wraith/necromancy Ring Spell.

I read, as well that Osanwe does, to a much lesser degree, occur (or it can) in the Edain. This seemed to me to explain a great deal about the 'what happened' as Men and Elves 'grew most alike' to one another in Beleriand in the FA.

But about this thread, I'm not sure what residual effects the Three had, and it's probably possible that a Maia and two High Elves would have Osanwe in their basic communication capacity. But - I'm still clear that the Three had some residual properties. Not sure 'what' 'how much' or 'which'.

I've been closely attuning to another idea about Osanwe and I'm going to start a thread. It's this 'Unwill' thingmebobby. A very, very slippery concept and also very intriguing.

Cheers