Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 05:28 AM   #10456
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Okay. From that I might propose SLEEPER, as the thing on which rails go, and also related to beds. Not sure about the rest of it.
Y'know what, between you you've got two of the three key words, and I don't want to drag the thread down further, I'm going to give you this one. The full answer is SLEEPER IN THE TOWER OF PEARL, a figure from the unwritten Earendil tales who Tolkien at one point considered making Idril. The poem The Happy Mariners is said by CT to be 'the song of the Sleeper in the Tower of Pearl'.

(Said tower is on one of the Twilight Isles.)

MORINEHTAR - Wizard, more nectar? Shift that silence to me and stop to aspirate! (Mysterious Blue Wizard)
YEARS OF THE TREES - Much longer than twig days - but how long? (Yes, how long?)
SMEAGOL - Sounds like the bosun rides on the back of a log, rides on the back of a log (His origins - solved by Gandalf)
TOM BOMBADIL - Half a drum explodes a (cut) herb, but it's still better than the poetry. (Just... everything.)
EARENDIL - On the tip of... not my tongue, I'm a little sick. Like Ulysses, but brighter. (His unknown voyages)
RIVER-WOMAN - Serious party-going lady swaps to the second half of Elvish exclamation, and sends her daughter out gathering. (Who and what is she?)
IMLADRIS - Look back at the hidden valley: yes, Spaniard, it's a spotted dog with no prepositions. (Secret location)
ERIOL - Shipwrecked, he calls, "Er, I..." "Lo!" the elves call back. (Tolkien undecided on his story)
SLEEPER IN THE TOWER OF PEARL - Her(?) bed was made by a really, really irritated oyster. // Upon her(?) lies a railway; in high place she(?) lies long; her(?) place's gems are oyster-wrought; Happy Mariners her(?) song. (Unknown identity)

Well done all! I didn't expect it to be this hard... I think I'm out of practice with these things.

I think it's Pervinca up next?

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote