Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #10447
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
5. At the END of an EAR, with IL(L), makes EARENDIL, who I suppose is a mariner like Odysseus, but is also a star. Why is he mysterious? Maybe to Third Age hobbits a flying Silmaril ship star counts as a mystery.
Exactly all of that, except that the mystery is his voyages, which Tolkien never got round to writing. Did he kill Ungoliant? Did he even meet her? Did he somehow go to the southern hemisphere of a flat planet? So many questions!

MORINEHTAR - Wizard, more nectar? Shift that silence to me and stop to aspirate! (Mysterious Blue Wizard)
YEARS OF THE TREES - Much longer than twig days - but how long? (Yes, how long?)
SMEAGOL - Sounds like the bosun rides on the back of a log, rides on the back of a log (His origins - solved by Gandalf)
TOM BOMBADIL - Half a drum explodes a (cut) herb, but it's still better than the poetry. (Just... everything.)
EARENDIL - On the tip of... not my tongue, I'm a little sick. Like Ulysses, but brighter. (His unknown voyages)
6. R - Serious party-going lady swaps to the second half of Elvish exclamation, and sends her daughter out gathering.
IMLADRIS - Look back at the hidden valley: yes, Spaniard, it's a spotted dog with no prepositions. (Secret location)
ERIOL - Shipwrecked, he calls, "Er, I..." "Lo!" the elves call back. (Tolkien undecided on his story)
9. S - Her(?) bed was made by a really, really irritated oyster.

Two to go. #6 is named in LotR but the clue references a different book, while #9 is pretty much a BoLT character.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote