View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #72
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
White Tree

Let us see if I can make this without setting anything on fire, or ticking my grandmother off.

I have learned a few more tricks to cooking in the last 6 years(?). I think I am gonna try honey and maybe a mixture of all purpose flour and Semolina. And oranges. Heck, I'll just write down my subs and maybe post them later.

So, anyone try this of late?

Edit

Okay so I have it in the oven and it looks good. This I just flew by the seat of my pants.

I put in the tale end of some ST. James Red Wine. It is one of the dryer wines they have.

I Also used some butter milk and regular milk.

I spaced the butter.

I put in 3 cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and anise seeds. I have a mortar and pestle so everything but the nutmeg and the cinnamon I ground up. I also used a little sea salt.

I covered the bottom and sides of an Iron skillet with Olive oil and poured the batter in it. It is baking now. When it is firm enough I will take it out and cover it with a glaze that I made with an egg white, Honey, melted butter, vanilla, and orange juice.

Also, I used 1 cup all purpose flour and 1 1/4 cup semolina flour.

I'll tell you how it tastes when its done.

Edit

It is not bad, but it is not exactly something I would want to take with me on a long trip. It is too moist.

Last edited by Annalaliath; 04-05-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Annalaliath is offline   Reply With Quote