View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 01:47 PM   #97
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
My First Post is on board - here.

Orofaniel

I've left room for you to be the Elf sitting to Ondomirë's left if you wish.

Just to let you know, I was reading through some discussions on how much the Elves knew of the making of the Rings of Power and the 3 Elven rings and the One Ring made by Sauron around the time they were made and in use. I've gone with the conclusion that it was not general knowledge at that time - Celebrimbor and the Elves who helped him make the Rings would know; Gil-galad, Cirdan, and Galadriel would know, since the 3 Rings were sent to them for safe-keeping. And I'm thinking that perhaps Elrond was let in on the secret maybe when Gil-galad received his Ring.

Once Elrond retreats to where he and the remnant of the Eregion Elves will establish Imladris, Gil-galad gives him Vilya. I'm fairly certain Gil-galad would not send Vilya with Elrond, fearing that it might be lost in the battle and fall into Sauron's hands.

Anyway - let me know if you'd like anything edited ( I will put your character's name in if you choose to be 'the Elf on the left'). I was wondering - would you like to lead the Elves whose main weapons are those tall spears (Gil-galad's weapon of choice.) Or the swords-men. Or do you fancy being a regular soldier in the army?

- E -