View Single Post
Old 12-31-2003, 11:04 AM   #68
Fosco Burrows
Pile O'Bones

Fosco Burrows has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

"This is a fine inn and I feel most welcomed and at home here" Fosco said to himself but loud enough to be heard and to be thought of as a jolly polite and curteous hobbit.

Fosco was anxious however as his sole purpose for being here was to do business with Farmer Maggott, and following his problems on the East Road that day believed he would be late. Yet Farmer Maggott was not in the Green Dragon this afternoon.

"I do hope Farmer Maggott is not annoyed at my poor time keeping and I hope also that he has not gone home with the intent to end our business agreement"

Fosco sat at his table drinking his ale worrying about his new dilemma. The burrow's branch of Hobbits are known for their lack of good fortune and their constant worrying as a result! Fosco stroked his rotund hobbit face and scratched at his blonde hair (with all his worrying it was a miracle he had any hair left!), he began to look around the inn for someone to unload his worries upon "a problem shared is a problem halved" his father would always say, and it had become the unofficial family motto.

At this moment a group of Hobbits entered the inn. There were three of them and they began to look around the assembled throng of drinkers and travellers who had nearly filled the Green Dragon. Their eyes darted nervously around often stopping on what they believed to be familiar faces.

"Fosco, Fosco" the largest and most out of breath hobbit gasped. "Thank the stars above we have found you" huffed and puffed the tallest and strongest looking of the hobbits, he was obviously of farming and hard working stock. "We have been following you since you left Whitwell but could not catch you. We found your horse walking along the East road and a little further down your broken cart. I'm afraid we feared the worst" The third hobbit who was much smaller and youngest looking of the hobbits looked upset and added " we searched the route for you but found nothing, you have given us all a bit of a fright!"

Fosco looked at the three hobbits with a puzzled look on his face, he was not known for his speed of thought but at this moment in time time he knew he must ask one question of his trackers "why did you need to follow me anyhow"