View Single Post
Old 03-31-2003, 03:29 PM   #9
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mattius’ post

Ranchard had always hated the slaves; always whining and complaining about their hard lives. He enjoyed introducing his bull whip to their backs in the fields when they were talking or being lazy or just for the hell of it. He achieved a sick deep satisfaction, that he could torture and torment other people with no fear of retaliation. In fact, his pleasure had almost caused him to loose his place as a guard in his familes fileds. One day he had beaten to death a young slave girl, perhaps no older than seventeen or so. Ranchard could still hear his excuses to his father all those years ago- she looked at me strange, she deserved to die! Ranchard was only twenty then and now he was thirty five. His madness had slept but grew inside him, his lust for death had slowly grown into insanity.

Ranchard's dream, his ultimate dream had always been to participate in The Hunt. Year after year he watched how others were chosen above him and year after year he heard why he was not chosen. He was to instable, no hunter- just a crazed killer- no hunter. For years Ranchard hid his lust for human death and hunted alone on the plains of Mordor, torturing and mutilating birds and beasts. He proved himself to his piers of his talents and, although he did not know it yet, his time had come; he would be chosen this year for The Hunt.