View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #16
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn View Post
What?! I thought that duel looked cheesy. They were only throwing and spinning each other around! On the other hand the Dumbledore vs. Voldemort duel really showed the power and tension between the two adversaries. It was a purely elemental battle: lightning, fire, water, smoke, glass, sand etc.
Wizards were loremasters and among the very wisest in ME, but were very capable of doing extradonary things with their powers, but it was not something that they did lightely. In Harry Potter they just pop off those magic spells as if they were nothing. It's called a wizards duel, not a fireworks duel, like they show in Harry Potter (I won't even get started on that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn View Post
Well, there weren't many people complaining about the change in lightsaber combat and increase in level of force power use in the Star Wars prequels, were there? It'll work.
That's because the origional Star Wars was created 15 years earlier. Not within a couple years, like the Hobbit will be done.