View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #323
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Riders of Rohan, a personal review

The Riders of Rohan expansion brings LOTRO back to a level its not had since Shadows of Angmar as far as enjoyability. Overall its a lot of fun to play.

There are a couple of issues I have experienced myself. The biggest has been lag...I've had quite a lot of it, especially in mounted combat. Other people have not had as much lag but for me it has been a real problem.

Also, Turbine has tried to implement some dynamic questing like what is present in Guild Wars 2, which I commend them for trying. However, LOTRO is definitely beginning to show that its an aging game in the way it struggles to accommodate some of the newer features. I don't know if an MMO has ever made a transition from one engine to another to give itself a new lease on life, but I hope the big wigs at Turbine have something like that on their agenda if they want to make it to Gondor and beyond with LOTRO.

And now the funny screenshots...

FRODO LIVES AND HE IS ME!!! BWAH HAWH HAWH HAWH!!

One does not simply walk into being Boromir.

How Boromir views the rest of the Fellowship.

I am also Sam.