View Single Post
Old 12-31-2003, 02:22 PM   #36
Nienna, sister of Feanturi
Pile O'Bones

Nienna, sister of Feanturi has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Nienna, sister of Feanturi Send a message via AIM to Nienna, sister of Feanturi
Sting

I've always had an unreasonable dislike of Haldir, I'm not sure why. Maybe the film version put me off.
I don't know if they really count as obscure, but Oin and Gloin annoy me, probably becuase their names remind me of the sound of a person with constipation on the loo...
Quote:
it would have to be Arago-- ** splash go the rotten tomatoes **. Really, he strikes me as the sort of ambitious and arrogant type of fellow who does everything for a purpose, as if it all were a means to an end
I agree, I can't stand him! He's so full of himself, and he doesn't really love Arwen if he did how could he ask her to give up her immortality for him? He just saw her in a grove one day and thought "Ooh, she's pretty". And when Gandalf dies, he says "You know I did warn him not to enter Moria" or something of that sort- he just has to take the credit even though his friend's just died...
I like Ghan- Buri -Ghan although I have to agree about Bombadil. And those Ents go on forever. I preferred them in the film version.