View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 08:37 PM   #29
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There simply aren't enough words to describe how I am feeling right now. Awe would have to be one. ROTK blew me away, I have never felt so many different emotions from just watching one movie. Another word would be Sadness, it is the end of these movies and the end of the journey.<P>I think ROTK was a beautiful movie that did what it was meant to do, complete the journey. I never felt any dissapointment throughout the entire film. I was either open-mouthed or crying during those 3 and half hours. Everything was done to perfection and any doubts I had when I walked into the cinema were erased and I'm actually annoyed at myself for thinking that PJ wouldn't be able to pull this off. But he did, and he did it brilliantly. <P>There were so many moments which really stood out to me. The opening scene with Deagol and Smeagol and his change into gollum was fascinating. Any scene that Pippin or Merry were in was fantastic as well, I cried (even more than I was already) when Pippin left with Gandalf. The look on Merry's face broke my heart. Minas Tirith was extremely well done. I don't know why but I really loved the lighting of the beacons, those amazing sweeping shots were beautiful. When Faramir rode off to that suicide mission and all you could hear was Pippin singing was a brilliant scene. Eowyn and Merry against the Witch King is another favourite. Of course, Frodo and Sam on Mount Doom was... see the loss for words yet again. It was just so heart breaking, yet to see these two together, "At the end of all things" it made me cry even though I knew they'd be alright.<P>All the battles were great, regardless of Legolas' over-the-top stunt. I may sound rather gory but I was so glad PJ put in the catupulting of the soldier's heads. I really wanted that to be in the movie so thank you PJ!! The Ride of the Rohirrim was great but I agree with some of you that Theoden's death wasn't as sad as it should have been. I admit, I did cry but I wanted to see Eomer grieve for him.<P>Faramir and Eowyn's love story would have been nice but I understand PJ not putting it in. The pacing of the film was good and putting in this or the Houses of Healing may have shortened time for other scenes. <P>But without a doubt, the best part of the ENTIRE film was when Sam got home and said that amazing line..."Well, I'm back..."<BR>Briliant stuff.