View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #2850
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
So this character hated someone, someone else attempted to kill them, they were saved by the person they hated from the person who tried to kill them, and then they were slain by someone who was loyal.
Pretty much, except that there are subtler ways of "undoing" someone...

Quote:
Why does this still give me CoH vibe.....?
Well, probably because it resembles various things from CoH- but they didn't all apply to the same person. (So no, not that.)

Hints:

Line 1 is completely accurate, but also not, I think, something people particularly associate with this character. It serves mainly to rule out candidates, as you've found.

You might want to look at your question, "Who would be saved by someone they hated?" another way round.

The last bit is important, though again it's something you might well have forgotten. In-story, however, the incident was considered worth writing a line or two of verse about- I've basically paraphrased this, in fact.

Finally, I assure you the speaker is a major character and not Bilbo's fourth cousin's mother-in-law or anything like that.