View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 07:36 AM   #159
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Moving On

The group settled in for a night of sleep. The injured healed and the uninjured recuperated from the long day of turmoil and distress. Even the cabin owner, after a while, fell deep into the land of slumber.

At first light Glirdingo awoke and looked over at the sleeping elf beside him. He smiled and placed a hand upon her cheek gently. She had survived the night. The worst for her was over and Glirdingo could not be more relieved then he was at that moment.

Arianna's eyes fluttered open. She smiled when she saw Glirdingo beside her. She leaned over and placed a gentle kiss upon his lips. Her heart jolted at the kiss and it was in that moment that she knew, once again, that he was the one for her. It was such a strong emotion that it brought tears to her eyes.

"Arianna," Glirdingo breathed. She smiled and took his hand slowly. "I love you," was all that she could whisper. She watched the smile break across his face and they shared a moment that they would forever remember until the end of their days.

The rest of the company woke up slowly and packed up. It was slow going, but highly needed. No one needed a rushing morning. Not after the insane day they had spent previously. Marieme checked on the injured and reassured Glirdingo that they had healed enough over night to go ahead in their journey.

Arianna, after having gotten up and settled her things, went over to Jen. She sat down next to the human and gave her a gentle smile. The girl was alone and Arianna remembered what that had been like. It was highly difficult and now her own company was gone.

"Jen. We are going to be heading out to save a dwarf friend of ours. You are more than welcome to join us. Either way, I'd like you to have this," Arianna said, placing a small bag in the girl's hand. It held a few higher priced coins. Everything that the girl once had was now lost and this was the only way that Arianna thought of helping. She noticed that the girl was about to protest so she raised her hand to silence her.

"No. That is compensation for how my companions handled you. I am deeply sorry and I want you to have this as a token of my deepest regret. Please," Arianna told her. She gave her a smile before standing up. She took in the company. They looked slightly defeated and unsure.

"Come now! What is with these long faces! We have a good dwarf to save. Now, let's ride!" Arianna cried, causing the group to become electrified. Arianna turned and saw Glirdingo's surprise. She laughed and headed out the door to the horses.