View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #195
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just a short one before going to sleep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
I'd say Spiders are just too funny to pass by, and Saruman and Old Man Willow are perhaps charming in another sense (and woe to those who they choose to charm!).
My intitial reaction exactly. Thinking of the Spiders of Mirkwood described with the word "charming" just made me smile widely - and Saruman and Old Man Willow sure have their "charms" in a most fitting way...

On top of that I thought "then well, what?"

But looking at them now again I must say that this looks like a really hard round to judge as most of the choices actually make good claims for being considered as "charming".

I mean aren't Faramir and Bard the Bowman just the "prince charmings"? Or didn't Melian's power reside in her charms - or Galadriel's to that matter?

Not to talk of Nienor being "charmless"... which would sound like an insult.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote