View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Night 1

The D-League vs. The Dark Monarch
Volume 1, Issue 5: The Battle Begins

Wild-eye was lying in his room, staring up at the ceiling. His last vision happened after the tryouts, it was very similar to his Dream from a few nights ago. Three unknown figures were standing around his bed, plotting his own death. He knew now his time was short.

However, Wild-eye, being the man of cunning-intellect that he was, began to perceive the Dark Monarch's plan and made his own moves, hoping to stay ahead of Her. He had seen Her in a very weakened state. She has figured out the secret to corrupt human souls with dark powers. This may in the end, strengthen Her, but it was a classic blunder, because She has been temporarily weakened. How long? Wild-eye did not know, but there was a clear reason why She was not around his bed during his death. There was no question she wanted Wild-eye dead, as She had killed his brother and many other heroes, however Her blunder means for the time-being She needs to rely on her villains to kill for Her.

What She probably did not perceive was that getting innocent souls to kill is a difficult thing. Of course the more often they kill, the easier it will become, and the more powerful She will get. However, this attempt to expand her power, will drain a lot of her energy and She will have to rely on her new minions.

Whenever his death would come Wild-eye would make sure She would not get his powers that easily. For as terrible as the tryouts might have turned out, Wild-eye had told all the heroes about the Dark Monarch. And they all were going to take a stand against Her. Inept heroes they might be, but knowledge about the Dark Monarch, and Her plans surely has to count for something. They may have worthless super-powers, but he would not leave these kind-hearted people defenseless for when She does come.

All the heroes took a room at Bram's Bed and Breakfast, and three of them should be receiving special abilities and instructions from Wild-eye soon.

~~

To the Seer:

In this package is a magical-eye. I have enchanted it with my power of foresight. I have failed to uncover the identity of the three working for Her. Hopefully you will fair better, and be able to unravel the mystery of the attackers when they are at your doorstep.

W.E. Coyote

The person who received this message was slightly confused. For Wild-eye had told everyone about the Dark Monarch, but who were the three attackers he was talking about? And if Wild-eye could not figure out who they were, how did he expect me to do better?

~~

To the Ranger:

In this vial contains my scent. Spread it around someone's door each night and it will protect them from any attacker. Each time, you must use every last drop or the protection will not work. I have placed an enchantment on the vial where it will refill each night, and you can use it again. If you use it on the same person 2 nights in a row the enchantment will break and you will no longer be able to use it. You may use it on yourself once, but no more, for you are an honourable person of worth.

W.E. Coyote

Someone picked up and read the letter, than picked up the vial. "So, this is the scent of Wild-eye? Quite disgusting...hmm wonder what he smells like? Ahh, Irish Spring...nice choice, well at least he bathed regularly."

~~

To the Hunter:

Take this bow and single arrow. Do not ask me why there is only one arrow, for I do not know, this was my brother's toy. My brother was a mighty warrior, if you possess some of his quality you will find that this bow will not easily miss its intended target.

W.E. Coyote

"A bow...with one arrow? Couldn't have supplied me with a better weapon?"

~~

Wild-eye dozed off in his bed, and had his first dreamless slumber that he could ever remember.

~~

Living

Boro (Wild-eye)
wilwa (the Dark Monarch)

alonariel- Rosemancer, creates useful, everyday charms
autume- Lady Tum, The Fish Whisperer, can converse with fish
Brinn- Butterfingers (aka The Klutz) breaks everything she touches
Durelin- Felis Grey, under the impression her domestic cats obey her
Fea- Docter Girlfriend, can flirt exceptionally for unusually long intervals
Formendacil- Celibateman, saving girls everywhere from awkward 1st dates
Hakon- Leaf man, can grow leaves on his limbs whenever he wants
Inziladun- Docter Electron, can predict the precise moment a light bulb will blow
Lari- Hover girl, can hover 3 feet off the ground
Lommy- Prin-Guin, claimed princess of the penguins, wears a penguin suit and crown
Macalaure- The Incredible Sulk, when angry he turns green and pouts
Mira- Narcolepsy girl, falls asleep at the most inoppurtune moment
morm- Athletes Foot Man, grows edible green fungus in feet
Nerwen- The Reverser, can read and write backwards
Nessa- Laughing Lass, can make others laugh uncontrollably
Nienna- Word Cloud Girl, analyzes people based on the frequency of the words they use
Pitchwife- Studebaker Hawk, flies by covering legs in syrup which attracts a swarm of flies
Rikae- Doktor Von und Zum Quatsch, see here for description
sally- Movie quotes girl, quotes/recognizes quotes out of movies and TV
Shasta- Mr. E., always cast in shadows
the phantom- Candor Man not to be confused with Condor Man, the truth is brutal

It is now Night 1. Heroes be silent. Villains talk. BFFs talk. Seer send me a pick.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-11-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote