View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #8
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas
Why? Lent is only 40 days.
Har har. I'm not Catholic.

Why? Well. . .I got too caught up in the books. I could hardly open my mouth without quoting it or talking about it. Also, I'd read them so many times in such a short time span (five times in three years, I think) that I wasn't getting as much excitement and emotion as I had the first few times, so I decided if I waited two years and forgot the exact wording of most of it, I'd enjoy them more when I read them again. It's working quite wonderfully. I can no longer remember exact details as I used to and when someone asks me if Pippin said something, I wouldn't be able to give a definite yes or no, as I used to.

A two year fast won't do me any harm.

I think, though, that's one reason I haven't been talking much in the Books forum. It would take looking things up and even though we do have other copies in the house that are not boxed up, I don't want to do that. Pop really tempted me by giving me a new copy for Christmas last year. . .but I've refrained from reading them thus far.

-- Folwren