Thread: Is Eru God?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 03:58 PM   #224
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
In ME we have actors that obtain foreknowledge as they remember the original Music/hear echoes of the Music whereas in Christianity (I assume) prediction/foreknowledge comes directly and only from God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem
Surely its possible that the Music & Ea are 'simultaneous' events. The Music happens outside the world of time & Ea is its 'reflection'. Certainly, from Eru's perspective if all things are known they would all be known simultaneously. There's no need for Ea to be a 'replay' of the Music. If the Music happened in 'Eternity' it cannot therefore have happened 'before' anything (or 'after') for that matter. Perhaps we're talking 'above/below' rather than 'before/after'?
Ea itself could be the echo of the Music. Maybe, so is everything contained therein - at least everything that is not Ainur (or maybe they too are part of that echo, or become part of it if they choose to enter the world?). When a person has foresight it may be, as alatar suggests, that they can hear this echo more clearly; this would make sense in the case of Elves who do not die as they would have had not only more time to make sense of the music, but being outside the constraints of time they may be more attuned to these echoes.

It makes me wonder what would happen if the echo ceased. Would the world end?