View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 01:52 PM   #27
Herenya
Newly Deceased

Herenya has just left Hobbiton.
I'm afraid that a reply posted after such a long pause may be against the generally accepted rules of communication on the Web, but pitily, this time I just failed to immediately understand that it might be appropriate to reply.

To be honest, I can't even imagine how much being on this forum could help me improve my fluency in English if I had enough time to read all the threads that are of immediate interest to me. This forum seems to me one of those few places on the modern Internet that I have discovered by now, the existence of which I would be really glad to be aware of much earlier, ideally on the very day when I first got access to the network. (Sometime in the distant shining 2002.)

Then I had more than enough time compared to these days, and so I could try to learn English at a native level on this forum, having fun and at the same time being in an environment that seems to be safe for kids.

Concerning the story that I wanted to share, honestly I'm concerned right now about whether sharing it publicly would mean cancellation of that my personal project at the same moment. The point is, the events of the story are so distant in time and conception from the events of The War of the Ring that I'm afraid the plot might be easily adopted (possibly without even making an attempt to receive my consent to it) for a fiction novel taking place somewhere else, not in the Middle-earth.

Thus, I'll have to find out a way around that obstacle before I can proceed with this project, since being a long-term fan of the Middle-earth I now see the risk of such an Intellectual Property leakage as something that has to be taken into account too.
Herenya is offline   Reply With Quote