Thread: Discord Server
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 06:17 AM   #8
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
In lieu of simply maligning those who are not fond of the Discord route, why not make a case supporting your opinion?
I've had to use Discord for work and it is better than apps that are similar (Skype, GoogleMeet) in my opinion. But that's because the creator of it has set strict privacy settings.

I certainly wouldn't recommend having a public server on Discord that anyone can come to. It's why I stopped going to Reddit after like a week, the vitriol and toxicity people bring in is not healthy, and not things I want to have in my life. The only reason it works for my job is the privacy settings. You have to have the server link to get in. (Hmm...gives me a good idea, if I just give out the link here then you folks can spam it for me )

To be fair to Discord (and Reddit..etc) there's honestly nothing wrong with those applications, but in my opinion, you can't open up anything to public anymore. George Carlin was right about "garbage in, garbage out." People (and trolls) fill Discord with trash, you're going to get trash out of it. I realize this is a public forum, and have had plenty of spammers, but the B-W and moderators still take the trash out.

Last edited by Boromir88; 04-10-2021 at 08:30 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote