View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #139
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
A group of Dwarves was travelling through Bree. They came into the Prancing Pony, paid the inkeeper fifty silver pennies in advance for their stay, and went off to see which rooms they want.

As soon as he received the money, Butterbur went running to the grocer to pay off his long-standing debt for a few boxes of the choiciest vegetables. The grocer took the pennies and rushed to the delivery man, who, knowing that his friend's money jar is getting empty, agreed to do a few weeks of worth ahead of payment. Upon collecting his pay of fifty silver pennies, the delivery man dashed off to the house of his neighbour, whose cart he was using for a long time without paying. The neighbour then delivered the money to a farmer who has helped out with last year's harvesting and agreed to postpone the payment. The farmer then found Nob, to whom he lost fifty silver pennies in a game of chance. Nob promptly gave it to Bob because he lost him many a bet. And Bob did not hesitate to hand it over to Butterbur, to whom he owed a good deal for breaking numerous cups and dishes and (accidentally) wasting much food and beer.

At that moment the Dwarves returned from their tour and announced that they changed their minds; they have decided they actually would not be staying overnight in the town and therefore would like to have their money back.

In the end, no one has lost anything, but the townsfolk had no more debts.

Sounds like my math class... Wait! I'm a senior! I don't have one this year! YAY