View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #351
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Geez...it's taken me long enough to post on this thread. But things can get quite insane when one travels somewhere new every weekend...

Anyways, yes I did meet Legate on Easter weekend. I had originally planned to travel to Italy that weekend but there were some complications and that trip got cancelled. So I decided at the very last moment to bump up my trip to Prague and go that very weekend instead. I felt a bit guilty to so suddenly change my plans on Legate, but we managed to get in contact and plan things out despite the last minuteness of it.

Overall, my trip to Prague went wonderfully...it's a very beautiful city. I admit I was rather nervous about meeting Legate, but he was pretty easy to talk to and I think any awkwardness quickly faded away. For the record, Legate is very nice and polite (as one would expect). I found it extremely kind of him to spend almost two whole days with me doing all sorts of touristy stuff. He was a great companion to have and his company really did help my weekend to become a fantastic one.

--------------

Eh, okay I just realised I never wrote here about my meeting with Rune...so perhaps it's time I do that. Anyways, as he mentioned awhile back, Rune came to the US and visited me for several days in Boise. We had lots of fun and I took him around doing what little there is to do in Idaho. How do I describe Rune? Hmm...well Rune is just...Rune. Ha, but really, he's a delightful person to have around and definitely very amusing to talk to. Since he did visit my hometown, my parents of course insisted on meeting him....I was surprised how well they got along. Rune is just that outgoing. My first experience of meeting a Downer was a wonderful one and it certainly was one of the highlights of my summer.

And a little over a month ago, I decided to return the gesture of Rune visiting me and I visited him for a weekend in Copenhagen. It was a great weekend and I enjoyed having another opportunity to hang out with Rune again. We did plenty of touristy stuff and I learned a lot from him about his home country. With two experience behind me, I must say it's quite awesome to have a local show you around the city (especially when it's a Downer).

I do have pictures from these visits. Perhaps I should post them?

Anyways, in three days I will meet at least another five more BDers! I can't believe how soon that is.. *twitches with excitement*