View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #373
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Palantir-Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I'm curious about the thought process behind Legate's and Volo's (since TM already gave us his.)
Well, I went through several ideas for a PT in my head, but as it happens to me more often, the right one popped up in my mind with no actual connotations. Though, in this case, it was something that already had strong place in my heart and that I always liked. For those who don't know, the title comes from one passage in Tuor's story, when Ulmo speaks to him:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfinished Tales
And Ulmo spoke to Tuor of Valinor and its darkening, and the Exile of the Noldor, and the Doom of Mandos, and the hiding of the Blessed Realm. "But behold!" said he, "in the armour of Fate (as the Children of Earth name it) there is ever a rift, and in the walls of Doom a breach, until the full-making, which ye call the End. So it shall be while I endure, a secret voice that gainsayeth, and a light where darkness was decreed. Therefore, though in the days of this darkness I seem to oppose the will of my brethren, the Lords of the West, that is my part among them, to which I was appointed ere the making of the World."
I always liked Ulmo, and I always liked this part, and there are other things that I'll leave to your imagination and interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Legate, when I saw your earlier post I wished I had time to take your advice - that would have been glorious. Oh well.. *sigh*
995th post!
Well, look at it from the better side - your most glorious moment still awaits you and now you don't need to worry about having or not having the title when it comes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
I leave the meaning completely to your imagination and will try not to comment it like Lommy's imagination.
Well, to me it gave the impression of a very poetic title - and also pressing upon me the idea of you as soft and dreamy person.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote