View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #195
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have yet to review the discussions in the light of the recent events but I can now sadly reveal the reasoning behind my choice of Firefoot. I was genuinely torn since Anguirel and Fea did seem to be hand in glove. However I decided to work on the hypothesis that Fea was an innocent though rashly outspoken villager.... the attack on the innocent SpM was fierce. I looked at the other people Anguirel had defended. Firefoot was prominent. Then there was Oddwen's immediate accusation - albeit subsequently withdrawn.

I thought that Oddwen might be the seer and had withdrawn her comment to protect her identity when another werewolf had been identified. I got very confused by all the cross debate but looked at who also accused Firefoot. Mormegil was prominent again and I did wonder if he might be the seer if Oddwen wasn't.

Obviously I dared not compromise an innocent life by risking identifying the seer. Also I was not confident enough to try to lead. I only had the same information as you. I had to leave it to your own examination hoping that you would understand or at least understand enough to keep silent. I hope that Mormegil's indication of that did not sign his death warrant.. Of course it might have made you think I was the seer but I went on logic then a leap of faith on a hunch.

Fellow citizens, I may have to make an early vote, I beg you to make up your own minds. I will post my reasoning if I have any but it may end up being a stab in the dark.
If we make the right choice now, no more innocent lives will be lost and we will have no innocent blood on our own hands. Choose wrongly and at least two more innocents will die. I do not think I can hope to survive if the wolf is not caught tonight. I am here now I fear because Mormegil had special knowledge...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 05-16-2005 at 12:35 PM. Reason: typos only
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote