View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 09:20 PM   #26
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Lemon Cheese? Is that like lemon curd? Or is it really cheese? I can't imagine comparing apple butter and vegemite, though! Worse, accidentally substituting vegemite for apple butter on some poor unsuspecting fool's biscuit! I can imagine that there are some hobbits who worship the taste of vegemite, just as there are those who adore Limburger cheese...yes, I can imagine a few hobbits meeting after hours and furtively discussing the merits of Green Hills vegemite over Frogmorton vegemite, or some such thing. Perhaps it is a taste that goes with beer, which I also don't care for much. Not much of a hobbit, am I?

Cheers!
Lyta

P.S. Fea, I think that vegemite looks a little greyer than apple butter, having had occasion to compare them at first hand, but that could be visual editorializing!
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote