View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 07:52 PM   #16
Neithan
Wight

Neithan has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
and are possibly closest to cup cakes, but they come in infinite varieties; some have cream in them, some custard, some are in fact made with pastry, but to a man (or rather, to a cake) they are all sweet and exceedingly good.
That description sounds almost like donuts.
Quote:
I determined to find out where my idea of American biscuits comes from and it turns out they are a Southern thing.
Well "buscuits and gravy" is primarily a southern tradition but it is eaten elsewhere. Personally I just put butter on mine.
Quote:
For me it was the "conies and taters" (sorry if it's mispelled.) I never eaten a rabit of any kind, so I had to read that part a couple times over to determine that Sam was in fact cooking a rabbit stew. As for taters, I had to remind my self of "tater-tots", and I can't really describe them, except that they're great with ketchup.
Well that kind of thing depends on where in America you are from. The word "taters" was not the least bit foreign to me and rabbit stew is not uncommon among people who hunt rabbits.