View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 07:08 PM   #14
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Title#784

Quote:
I determined to find out where my idea of American biscuits comes from and it turns out they are a Southern thing.
I wouldn't say that, I don't live in the South (far from it actually) and I eat a biscuit everytime I eat stew, sometimes with breakfast. Usually I'll slice it down the middle horizontally, then dab on some "veggetable spread" (cause butter or margerine would be 'sinful' where I live) and honey, or just some salsa when I want to "liven things up." I love biscuits.

I never get the "chips" confused with " American potato chips" because well, I eat "fish and chips" at resturants all the time. (For those that are still confused: that's hallibut and resturant size french fries.)

For me it was the "conies and taters" (sorry if it's mispelled.) I never eaten a rabit of any kind, so I had to read that part a couple times over to determine that Sam was in fact cooking a rabbit stew. As for taters, I had to remind my self of "tater-tots", and I can't really describe them, except that they're great with ketchup.