View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 08:09 PM   #172
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Time for my report on the weekend's adventures.

I arrived off the bus in Indy tired and faintly nervous. Having paid an ungodly amount for my six hour bus ride, I was more than a little apprehensive about what the weekend would hold. Alaklondewen was there to meet me at the station and she brought along her lovely daughter. We got along splendidly right from the start (as I had always expected, but you know how nervous one gets right before the big moment [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) It was wonderful, because it felt as though I've known her in person for months.

That evening we met up with the Phantom (about whom I am afraid to give *too* much away, lest I should shatter his mysterious aura) for dinner. That was great, it's so rare that I get a chance to have heated Tolkien discussion using my voice and not my keyboard! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

That evening Alak and I sat and chatted back and forth for a few hours while her daughter slept. It was a wonderful day, even with the six hour bus ride!

The next day we met up with the phantom early (early being a relative term, as we were all late!) and went to meet Phrim at the Convention Center. Since he hadn't eaten we went over to a food court at a mall and had some more discussion about Tolkien and the downs, it was lots of fun. Then we split up and Phrim went back to his gaming, while Alak and I went back to pick up her little girl. When we got back to the city it was nearly suppertime, so the five went out to Fridays and stuffed ourselves. It was very nice and companionable.

That night Alak and I chattered like people who have been friends for years (and of course, we will be!). Despite the fact that Alak doesn't have the best sense of direction ever (we got lost how many times?! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]) it was a very satisfying day.

Sunday we slept late and then Alak and I just spent the morning and early afternoon together just being lazy and relaxing. Then we put me back on the bus and suddenly I'm back in the real world again (drat [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]).

But I'll have pictures soon, and *gasp* phantom, I think Phrim's are already posted somewhere [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img].

Something to do again. Maybe a lot of times.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote