View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 01:48 AM   #27
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12_30
A king who cannot receive council isn't wise and deep, he's narrow and simple and therefore weak.
Yes, Aiwendil, upon reading that sentence I too immediately thought of Thingol - we criticize him for not reacting as Celeborn did, yet judge the latter as weak for doing just that! I too see Celeborn's relaxed attitude as a sign of true inner strength and greatness - it takes a man with a healthy sense of his own worth to be able to accept a woman with great gifts as his partner! The ones who react loudly and negatively are the ones who feel their weakness the most.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote