View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 07:18 AM   #20
Nienna, sister of Feanturi
Pile O'Bones

Nienna, sister of Feanturi has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Nienna, sister of Feanturi Send a message via AIM to Nienna, sister of Feanturi
Sting

I thought Billy Boyd was totally amazing in the films. If I had to pick a best actor from the movies it would probably be him (although Elijah Wood could give him a run for his money) I loved his transformation from a mere comedy part to...well...Pippin. When he offered his services to Denethor tears sprang into my eyes. I've always loved Pippin ever since I first read the book and Billy Boyd just brought into his performance everything I so love about him. I thought his bewildered parting from Merry was heart wrenching, and his song... words fail me. The horror on his face when Denthor began burning Faramir "he's still alive!" and his stunned face at the battle and when he suddenly gathers his courage and killed that orc ( I cheered to the very great embarrassment of my friend who was with me)