View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think that I stated my reasons for being nitpicky regarding the movies, my observations regarding the Downs' culture and other wonderous wit and wisdom can be found here, and so will be lazy and point all there.

That all said, you also have to factor in the boredom factor. It's definitely more fun to post here than in the Books (at least to me). And with you objecting, I can post even more, thereby avoiding even more work. If the movies were never made, I would have targeted something else, maybe in Mirth, but as we have the Movies...

And the question regarding Johnny is relative. When you drive down the road, are you moving or are the trees/houses? Depends on your point of view. Isn't there another story about an elephant walking by a fence with a hole in it, and being observed at different angles by different persons? Each was right, but not seeing the whole, none could not understand the others' observations. Another favorite is two friends on opposite sides of a street, arguing to the point of violence regarding the color of a pedestrian's hat - one said "Green!" while the other said, "Red!". It's not until the person turns 180 degrees do the friends realize that the hat was red on one side and green on the other. Both were right but didn't consider that the other's point of view may be equality valid for a reason yet discovered.

Hope we can do that.