Thread: Geeks?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 06:28 AM   #97
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Question Are there she geeks?

Attentive readers will have noticed that the author of the above article speaks only of male geeks. We are left to conjecture on the existence of females of the species. However, if there were no females, how would geeks (some sources also refer to nerds, but I am not sure whether those are a different species or just another name for the same) multiply? Does Saurgates breed or spawn them unnaturally? To even imagine the act of geek procreation is gross, but can even one so mighty as he bring his creatures to life, or does he merely twist those already created to serve him?

If there are females, what do you suppose they’re like? Are they smaller than the males and kept at home to rear the young, as they are not useful for the warfare against their foes? Or, like dwarf females, are they so similar to the males that those of other races cannot differentiate between them?

So many questions, so few answers! I have great hopes that the new volume XIV of HoME, The Peoples of Modern Middle-earth, will shed some light on this topic. Christopher Tolkien has held this information back long enough – eager fans want to know!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote