View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 09:50 PM   #36
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I am glad I found this thread because I was beginning to feel a little left out from the others. Well, here is my story.

I'm 23, and I read the Hobbit when I was 16. I had never heard of LotR, but the Hobbit instantly became one of my favorite books. After I graduated from high school and started college, I met an interesting person who compared almost everything in life to this book he read in the '70s. He also would tell me about his 'happy place', this forest called Lothorien. Needless to say he peeked my interest. I read LotR in '99 for the first time. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I read the books aloud to her when I knew her ears had developed (I certainly didn't want her to miss anything). I am currently reading it for the fourth time and still loving it like the first time. I'm now collecting the rest of Tolkien's works. I hope to start UT when I finish RotK.