View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 12:49 AM   #20
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am 24 and I started reading LotR after the movie came out. I did not see the movie at first, because I thought that it was "evil" as some of my friends had said.

Then I started seeing people on the Christian boards that I was one talk about it. One day, I went to my Christian bookstore and saw FotR on the front stand. I decided then that I would check it out.

I bought it about a week before Christmas, but didn't read it right away. Then my mother had a car accident - totaled her car - on New Years Eve. When she went back to work later that week, she took my car and I was stuck at home 12 hours a day by myself.

It was okay for the first week or so, but by the end of Jan, I was going crazy! So, I picked up FotR. I read the book in 2 days, then the next night my mom was off from work and I bought TTT, RotK, and The Hobbit. I finished LotR by Feb 3 - my registration date here on this site, then I dove into The Hobbit. One Feb 12, I saw the movie. After the movie was over, I bought the Sil and UT.

It took me forever to read the Sil the first time through. Now, I have read LotR 3x's, The Hobbit 3x's, the Sil 2x's and working on my 2nd of UT.

I now have the 1st 5 books of HoME and am asking for Morgoth's Ring (HoME 10) and War of the Jewels(HoME 11) for Christmas.

Edit: My mom was not injured in the car wreak - the wheel came off and she went into an enbankment and hit several trees. She bought another car on Feb 13 - the day after we saw the movie.

[ November 30, 2002: Message edited by: Joy ]

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote