View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #249
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The voting:

#33 Kath for Nerwen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Hey all I'm sorry to do this but my weekend got very busy and the deadline was much earlier than I'd thought! This means that right now is the only chance I have to post toDay.

Therefore I'm going to randomly vote right now because I've read through what there is on the thread and, well, it's hardly helpful in making a decision!

++NERWEN

Because she was the last person to post before

Unlike some, I don't think this looks particularly bad. She's clearly not trying to get Nerwen lynched (later she calls her “thoughtful”) and at this point no one had voiced suspicion toward Nerwen. Casting a random vote for an unhelpful person might look less dangerous, but, in the end, is more likely to start a bandwagon. Now, if she continued playing this way, it would be totally irresponsible, but I expect she won't.

#101:

Fea's vote and infamous comment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
eenie meenie miny

++Hansy

Because I'm not in nearly a good enough mood to be nice to newbies for the sheer sake of it, and Nog has a way of saying interesting things on Day One.
Now, when I read this, my first thought was that she was referring to Nog's comment about Hansy being the “greatest cobbler ever”... but supposedly, it's because she thought Nog was seerish. Now, it doesn't really make sense for either an evilie or a goodie to make hints about the seer... but this doesn't really look like that. It looks more like a hint to the supposed seer, as I would expect most people looking at it would think what I did – that she was just agreeing with Nog's reasoning. I don't find it particularly evil.

Durie votes for Sally:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I'm going to go for as random as possible here.

++Sally

Just looking at who has posted, anyway, I picked out her on some sort of gut-reaction thing. The typical excuse. It's like pleading the 5th...my stomach told me to do it!
Yeah, not the best reason, especially where Sally is concerned, but what can you say....

Steve for Gwath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
I'll just go for a semi-random vote:

++Gwath

Because his 2 posts said nothing at all relevant.
This is pretty weak, and easy – but what's worse, I just realized, is the way Izzy then latches on to it.

#110 -
Eomer for Sally. Known innocent voting for decent reasons... and now I'm starting to wonder whether Sally could be a bluffing werebear, or the werebear attempted to frame her.

Rikae for Steve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Seems to be talking just to talk. Lots of responses, lots of jokes, very safe... sometimes seems to be talking from the evil perspective (first post). Insubstantial but involved. Looks creepy.

Hansy for Fea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansy
"Revenge vote", I don't think you'll execute a veteran today anyway;
Easy. First vote for Fea. Not horribly evil, but Hansy had better do better than that from now on.

Lari for Nog:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
I do still have the suspicion that giving a lot of analysis means guilt. And that is stronger in my mind right now than the whole Rikae/Fea thing.
Ok, what? Eh? Lari is new, but she's been around long enough to know how Nog plays Analysis means guilt? *facepalm* That's just what this game needs, more encouragement for under-the-reindeer playing.

Nog for Fea:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
If you were an innocent and thought I was the seer you would have stayed silent about it.
I can see where Nog is coming from, but I think I have to conclude he's going overboard. That's kind of like him, though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Wilwa for Steve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Eonwe: (Steve is it?) Voted for Gwath, not sure about him either, posts alot but not necessarily anything concrete, on my list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Don't want to bring another person into the mix, so between Gwath and Eonwe I will vote for:

++Eonwe
Now, if this had come later, I might have thought it was a baddie trying to avoid the Gwath-wagon, but as it is, it looks innocent enough.

Gwath for Fea. Known innocent following Nog. Indeed, it didn't look too good at the time. Mnemi then proceeds to defend Fea to Gwath. I might have done the same at that point, so I don't think it's suspicious.
Nog, however, starts suspecting Fea's defenders. He seems edgy and jumpy. I would suspect him strongly, if I hadn't seen him get all single-minded like this in other games, too, and turn out innocent.

Izzy for Gwath. It looks rather bad at this point, especially since she admits “it may be your style”. She ties him with Sally and Steve.

Sally for Fea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Her comments earlier were fairly normal for her, but at the same time....bad vibes and all.
Not sure what to make of this. Voting for the leading lynchee because of “bad vibes” looks a little fishy – I can see a “bad vibes” vote early in the day, when there is little to go on, but here?

Mnemi for Steve:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemi
All right, I don't feel terribly great about this, but

++Eonwe

Although I'm not terribly pleased to have Rikae in the ranks of people who voted for him...

Voting for him because he hasn't said much that's contributed to the game. A bit of Queen-spec (which I rather disagree with), banter, and then a random vote.

Nobody looks terribly suspicious. But while some people make me feel hot and cold, this one makes me feel decidedly lukewarm. I'd much rather lynch an unknown than someone I have some sort of a handle on. And I don't have a handle on anyone regarding Blackishness.
What, am I bringing down the “voted for Steve” property values or something? It's a typical ordo-with-little-to-go-on-Day1 sort of vote, though. (If Fea is evil, Mnemi will deserve a closer look).

tp for Gwath
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Ah, crap. I hate this part. I have nothing against Gwath, Steve, or Sally, but I feel like I need to vote for one of them to save Fea.
Yep, nothing much to say there (except: why Gwath, and not Sally or Steve?)

Brinn for Gwath without comment.

Conclusions:
Sally, Izzy, Steve, Lari, and to some extent, Nog, come out of the voting looking rather nasty. No one (as far as I can see) comes out looking especially nice, and Kath, Durie, and Hansy need to shape up and give decent reasons for their votes in the future *looks stern*.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote