View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 06:30 AM   #664
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
All right. It was broken after it took Turin's life. Is that what you were going for?

Either way, the answer remains true. Turin will slay Morgoth with Gurthang, which was made by Eol. And that is the way of it.
Correct. Gurthang is currently in (at least) two pieces; it will need reforging before it can be used to kill anyone (barring Narsil-esque finger shenanigans). So while Anglachel was made by Eol, and reforged (for some reason - it wasn't broken!) by the Nargothrondrim - Gurthang II, the sword that will kill Morgoth, has yet to be forged from the pieces of the original.

Quibbly, I know, but I don't think it unreasonable to call Narsil and Anduril different swords, the latter being 'created' in Rivendell.

(My guess is that Aule will probably attend to the reforging of Gurthang personally; perhaps he can do something about that curse of Eol's while he's at it. Though they might always give Feanor the job...)

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote