View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
Regarding your two suggestions: Beorn is not the problem as much as his serving animals. Beorn could be included with a bit of rewriting of certain aspects of the charcter and his lodgings. He is an interesting character who, if handled correctly, could be a real valuable addition to the story. And I would like to see as much of the book in the film as possible - where possible and feasible if it works as a film.

I concur with you on the inclusion of other material such as the White Council and Dol Guldur.

The best new suggestion I have heard came from another site. It was suggested that the film open in the Shire with Sam Gamgee reading from the Red Book to his children and then we would see the story of THE HOBBIT. This would provide a nice link between the two series. If you wanted, you could go even further and take a page from films like THE PRINCESS BRIDE, allowing Sam to come back into the tale from time to time to explain segues or transitions to his listening children much like the Peter Falk grandfather did. I thought that was a very enchanting trick they utilized in PB.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote