View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 04:04 PM   #284
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Orofaniel's post - Rosie

Hedgar was now leaning on Rosie's shoulder. He was tired, but no one could really blame him; He'd been making horses of wood all day, and trying to explain to Fippi how to do it as well. "It's all in your hand, sonny" he'd said several times to Fippi's annoyance. He wasn't half as good as his old man, and probably never would be either. Rosie had tried to comfort him a little by saying that young ladies liked men that could cook, then turning her eyes towards Hedgar while he'd tried to ignore her.

"Don't you think its great how this all ended?" Hedgar said while yawning. Rosie shrugged just to get him of her and smiled gently. "Yes, I think we all managed this quite well...." she said and smiled even wider.

The wagons were now rolling towards the gate, but they weren't ready to leave yet, there were still some good bye kisses to be given out. Fippi hurried over to one of the wagons where some of the children from the Inn were sitting. Rosie recognized all of them as she came closer.

Rosie was holding two baskets in her hands with treats she wanted to give the children. She knew how much children liked cookies, and she knew these were no exceptions. "Do you all like cookies?" Rosie asked teasingly. She, of course, knew the answer. The children smiled and waited, while they muttered something to each other enthusiastically. "Then, I guess you do..." Rosie said and nodded sternly...."Too bad we haven't got any then," Fippi said sounding very disappointed, while he shook his head. (It was all an act though.) The children sank down in the wagon, seeming disappointed as well.

"Fippi!" Rosie laughed merrily. "Of course we have cookies!" She continued. The child that was sitting closest to Rosie was now jumping towards her of joy holding his hands out. "You know what...I'll give you the basket 'ere..." She said and handed him the basket. It was quite heavy actually and you could see that the little child was using some real muscles. "And you'll keep an eye on it for me....Make sure everyone gets some, alright?" Rosie said in all confidence. "Yes, mam," He said and smiled, seeming a bit proud of getting such a big responsibility as this: keeping the basket safe, and making sure that everyone got some cookies.

"Who wants to be in charge of the other basket then?" Rosie cried loudly. Some of the children were now whining after it, stretching their arms after it hoping that they'd be the lucky ones. "I believe you three are fit for the job," Rosie said and handed over the other basket. The children laughed of joy and thanked her. "My pleasure..." Rosie said and blushed. "Hope you like 'em," she added and said her good byes. "Now, children, eat as much as you possibly can..." She whispered as no one except them, could hear her. The children laughed as Rosie turned and waved. She took Fippi’s hand and left the wagon.

She then knew that they would be alright.....

“By the way….” Rosie said and turned towards the wagon once again. The children noticed this and waited.

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-26-2004 at 10:35 PM.