View Single Post
Old 08-30-2003, 07:29 AM   #197
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Quote:
Make it exciting too! The most fun I had posting was in The Summons (run by Burzdol and Himaran) when we have to cross the Anduin by Amon Hen and we had horses! Oi it was so fun ... yah ... good times ...
Ah! I remember it well..... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Well, Nerindel, if you want since it's your idea, propose the idea then leave off where the company decides on Arie to cross--give in a good fighting word from Ihwesta at her defense--and then Everdawn can post Arie's mini-adventure!
Yes I would have liked to, but it seems Everdawn beat me to it [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
How about they shoot it into the ground at the edge instead of a tree? Then Arie can walk across (remember the elves doing that in Lothlorien?). For the injured elves (Reyn will not count himself among this category, btw) Arie can tie a rope to a tree at waist height for them to have something to hold onto
Yes I think Taurėwen would have prefered this [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
As for Gil.. you guys remember that Elves have great balance dont you? im thinking we shal only need the one rope.
I was thinking for the two elves with injuried legs rather than Gil! I know elven healing is good but not that good that Ihwesta's leg would be healed enough for her balance not to be affected???? Taurėwen's a healer not a miracle worker [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I also find it hard to believe that between the eight of us, not one of us had rope, never mind not thinking to use it????
Taurėwen for one has rope:

Quote:
There on her bed was her pack and as her mother had said, it was already packed, she opened it to make sure everything was there, Lembas, dried fruits and nuts, a pair of beech grey leggings and two spare tunics, spare arrowheads and feathers, several water skins, as healer she needed more for cleaning wounds, rope and a few other things her father thought necessary.
And so does Ainemention:

Quote:
As Ainemetion carried his few belongings with him wherever he went, he saw no need for delay. Carefully, he checked the items off a mental list. His treasured knives, meticulously sharpened and cleaned, hung crossed behind his back; at his waist he carried a length of rope , a small knife he used for whittling, and a small pouch containing a pair of flints. When sure all was in order, he waited impatiently for the rest of the company. Now that the decision was made, he longed to be off.
Anyway just my observations [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]