View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 04:22 AM   #16
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
This is a completely unrelated comment, but it has been bugging me so long that I have to share. Since the thread was first started, I keep misreading the title - instead of pronouncing it bIopic, in my head I pronounce it biOpic, like an adjective. As a result I have a cross between myopia and bipolar stuck in my head whenever I look at the title. Freudic predictions, anyone thinks?
Don't worry. I had exactly the same feeling since the beginning. My first impression was that this was a thread about how Tolkien was recently discovered to have had some eye problems, then when I opened the thread and saw the first line of the opening post, I was like "okay, so it's a joke-title, probably referring to that among other things, in that film we will see how Tolkien had to come with bad eyesight." The best part about it is, that I think Lal or someone had mentioned this on Facebook long time ago and I had had the same misconception (which of course I had also immediately understood was wrong, but the first impression stayed), and now seeing the thread here, I made the same mistake again.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote