View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #15
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I'm with Inzil - we can't really know if it's going to be good before we see it. I would bet it'll be better than The Desolation of Smaug in any case.
I can't compare it to DOS if I never see the latter.

For whatever reason though, I'm not altogether against the idea of an account of Tolkien's life on the Big Screen. At least if they get things wrong enough to be slanderous to an actual person, living or dead, there's the possibility of legal action that could stick. The poor books aren't afforded that protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
While I could do without this film I would go for Eddie Redmayne , too tall maybe but I think there is a striking resemblance to the photos of young Tolkien in uniform. Big no to Jim Broadbent not that he isn't a great actor but he is the wrong type and is in EVERYTHING... Carey Mulligan maybe as young Edith.
Maybe Peter Vaughan then, for old Tolkien? Er.. maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
This is a completely unrelated comment, but it has been bugging me so long that I have to share. Since the thread was first started, I keep misreading the title - instead of pronouncing it bIopic, in my head I pronounce it biOpic, like an adjective. As a result I have a cross between myopia and bipolar stuck in my head whenever I look at the title. Freudic predictions, anyone thinks?
Less myopia, more of this.