View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
Zigūr
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Zigūr is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Zigūr is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Having watched An Adventure in Space and Time last night (essentially a biopic of William Hartnell) my eagerness for this kind of thing has redoubled. Tripled, perhaps.
Personally I found An Adventure in Time and Space to be melodramatic and overwrought and wouldn't like to see Professor Tolkien's life given similar treatment.

If I'm going to be perfectly honest, and I apologise if this is a little strong, I actually think this idea is appallingly crass and I hope the Estate does whatever it can to shut it down. It's bad enough that this great man's life's work has been repurposed to line the pockets of fat cats who had absolutely nothing to do with him, they have to do it to his life itself? And it would inevitably be a sob story featuring Edith being all jealous about his friendship with Lewis and he and Lewis having a falling out over Williams or some other biographical detail blown entirely out of proportion.