View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Having watched An Adventure in Space and Time last night (essentially a biopic of William Hartnell) my eagerness for this kind of thing has redoubled. Tripled, perhaps. I remember reading the biographies of Tolkien in the mid 2000s and loving them, but I will have to refamiliarise myself with them before they make this.

I would like to see Ben Whishaw as a young Tolkien at university. But the older Tolkien, writing The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, to me would be a perfect roll for someone like John Hurt. (I am slightly biased, perhaps, to want him to span my three biggest fandoms; Doctor Who, Harry Potter and Tolkien).
I'd like to see Ian McKellen cameo in it because he seems like such an excellent chap and I always loved the fact that he carried around a copy of the book on set for the Lord of the Rings.