View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #35
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
I hope I'm not coming off as rude, because I don't mean to. I'm new to this whole forum thing and I probably mistook what was meant.
Nope, there was no mistaking what was meant. Unfortunately, your ire is misplaced. Please see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
It just bothers me when people say we are ruining culture because we happen to like different things than older generations. And felt you needed to know the EW list is anything but representative. Shawshank Redemption and Lawrence of Arabia are still watched and loved by my generation. Fads and brand names come and go, many classics are simply irreplacable. Casablanca, ehh
First, I have no idea what 'generation' you are, and I'm quite sure you don't know my 'generation'. Frankly, I don't care. Second, I was not denigrating any generation specifically, I was mocking EW's dim staff and their ill-advised and poorly researched lists. Third, whether or not you choose to believe it, society is going to Hades in a handbasket: the world is going to end in 2012 according to the Mayan calendar, Lindsey Lohan wants to be considered a serious actress, and someone is paying Michael Jackson $1 million a show to perform again. The signs are there for anyone to see, and if any generation is responsible for riding the downward spiral to impending doom, it is the generation currently holding political power.

But on the bright side, The Hobbit movies might be released before the Mayan calendar runs out. Hopefully I'll get to see the first one, in any case. The second movie, which may contain wholly derivative material invented by the filmmaker, I will consign to the flames at world's end.

Last edited by Morthoron; 03-22-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Morthoron is offline   Reply With Quote