View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 05:14 AM   #9
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
To say that anyone could make a list or somebody does not like something completely misses the point. I would assume that in both the AFI survey naming FOTR as the #2 Fantasy Film of all time, and in the EW article, there was some sort of process, using various peoples ideas and critieria employed. For anyone - regardless of who you are - to compare one individual with the AFI - is more than a bit of a stretch and minimizes the honor by reducing it to the whine "its only an opinion and mine is just as good".

In point of fact. Its not.

Or if it is, please make you list, alert the media to your results, and I will stand by an await the resulting press coverage.

I love this site because of all the knowledge that people have about Tolkiens writings.
I find it wonderful in that respect.

When it comes to the movies and knowledge in general about how they are made and what the process is, it does come through loud and clear many times, in many threads, from many people, that the opinion of the movies displayed here is far more negative and far more petty and far more mean spirited than most other Tolkien sites.

I take the rose with its thorns.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 06-25-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote